Hours: Monday – Friday, 25-30 hours per week, exact hours are to be discussed with each candidate during the hiring process and will be mutually agreed upon before the position begins.
Salary Level: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour, commensurate with experience
Location: Medina, Ohio (This is an in-office position.)
While this position reports directly to the Firm’s office manager, the position provides administrative support to various Firm employees, including the Firm’s attorneys, paralegal, and office manager. This position requires exemplary communication skills and a keen attention to detail. Data entry tasks comprise a large portion of this position’s essential duties and responsibilities. Further details about this position’s primary responsibilities can be found below.
This position requires access to highly confidential and sensitive information and deals with a diverse group of external customers and visitors as well as internal contacts at all levels of the organization. Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload and recommend changes in office practices or procedures when appropriate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in maintaining the Firm’s financial records by entering transactions in the Firm’s Management Software and reconciling multiple bank accounts and credit cards monthly.
- Generates and edits invoices and customer account statements using the Firm’s Management Software.
- Deposits checks, primarily using remote deposit software, but occasionally in person.
- Maintains the Firm’s physical docketing system by downloading and printing materials and inserting them into physical folders.
- Prepares letters to customers using templates or from scratch, prepares and updates templates for customer letters.
- Mails or ships hard copies of documents to customers and foreign associates. Mails or ships documents on behalf of customers. Checks the Firm’s post office box daily and distributes mail to Firm employees.
- Inputs information into the Firm’s Management Software, such as new customers and new projects (matters), as needed. Updates information in the Firm’s Management Software as needed.
- Gathers information from potential customers to facilitate conflict checks. Performs conflict checks using the Firm’s Management Software.
- Helps prepare for marketing and networking events by, among other tasks, researching other attendees, setting up meetings, arranging travel, and coordinating with the Firm’s outside vendor on marketing materials.
- Assists with managing the Firm’s social media accounts and website.
- Obtains supplies for the Firm’s office as needed.
- Greets customers and other visitors. Proactively checks the Firm’s conference room calendar and prepares the conference room for visitors.
- Answers the phone, screens and prioritizes calls.
- Special projects, both legal and administrative, as assigned.
The requirements listed below represent the Firm’s ideal candidate. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the role’s essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or GED plus a minimum of 12-18 months related experience and/or training.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with internal and external stakeholders including all Firm employees, customers, foreign associates, vendors, and members of the business community in Medina, OH. The ideal candidate should understand norms regarding business communication, business presentation, and comportment. Additionally, the person in this position will have contact with the Firm’s customers and contacts in other countries, so the ideal candidate should understand or be willing to learn norms regarding business communication in various countries.
The ideal candidate will know how to type, know how to enter data into a computer, and have experience using the Microsoft Office suite of products. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable learning new software programs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
The person in this role must have an Ohio notary license or be eligible to obtain one within one year of their date of hire.
This position will primarily be performed while seated at a desk. Typing and work on a computer is required daily. If able to do so, the person in this role may be asked to lift packages weighing twenty pounds or less on occasion, however, the ability to lift packages is not a requirement of the position.
This is an in-office position and will be performed at the Firm’s primary office at 110 South Huntington Street, Medina, OH. Due to the nature of the position, this position is not eligible for a work-from-home or hybrid schedule.